Media coverage of events in the Nuba Mountains
- 2012 Eyes and Ears Of God – Video surveillance of Sudan film by peace activist Tomo Križnar on Youtube. The documentary film shows the ethnic Nuba civilians defending themselves with the help of over 400 cameras distributed by himself and Klemen Mihelič, the founder of humanitarian organisation H.O.P.E., to volunteers across the war zones in the Nuba Mountains, Blue Nile, and Darfur, documenting the (North) Sudan military’s war crimes against local populations.
- Leni Riefenstahl, better known for directing Triumph of the Will and Olympia, published a collection of her photographs of the peoples titled The Last of the Nuba in 1976.
- Will Sudan’s Nuba Mountains be left high and dry?by Peter Martell, BBC News, 24 November 2009
- SUDAN: The Nuba Mountains – straddling the north-south divide, IRIN, 12 November 2009
- Why are the Nuba of Sudan Protesting
- Sudan’s Southern Kordofan Problem: The Next Darfur?, International Crisis Groupreport, 21 October 2008
- The Daily Telegraph: “New war in Sudan’s Nuba mountains?”November 4, 2009.
- BBC: “Sudan: Could Nuba mountains be next conflict?”May 10, 2011
- Is Sudan heading for an acrimonious divorce?
- The Nuba Mountains Homepage
- Varhola, Christopher H. – Cows, Korans, and Kalashnikovs: The Multiple Dimensions of Conflict in the Nuba Mountains of Central SudanDepartment of Anthropology, The Catholic University of America, September 2002.
- Nubawatch: “Nuba Mountains: The Beginning”January 9, 2011.
- Al Jazeera: “In Pictures: Sudan’s mountain refuges”March 23, 2012